It’s that time of the week again – Fibre Friday – and today Jess Hardt shares her chickpea falafel recipe. Full of fibre and perfect for lunch or dinner.
• 400g tin chickpeas, drained
• 1 egg
• 2 tablespoons chickpea flour (or alternative flour)
• 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
• 1/4 cup spring onions, roughly chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 small chilli, roughly chopped
• Pepper to taste
• Sesame seeds and LSA to coat
• Optional: extra grated veggies – spinach, zucchini, carrot, cauliflower, broccoli
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Process chickpeas and egg, adding small amounts of water to help bind.
3. Add herbs, spices, garlic, chilli and continue processing.
4. Add flour and grated veggies, and process till combined.
5. Scoop 1 tablespoon of mixture, roll into a ball and coat with sesame seeds and LSA.
6. Place on a flat baking tray and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden.