This Fibre Friday we have a delicious recipe for Carrot Cake Bliss Balls from our great supporter and dietitian Jess Hardt!
Carrot Cake Bliss Balls
• 1 x 400g tin black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1/3 cup dried dates, soaked
• 1/4 cup cashews, soaked
• 3 weet-bix, crushed
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ginger
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
• 3 medium carrots, grated
• 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit
• Coating: roasted ground nuts, cinnamon, pepitas and sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
2. Blend black beans, dates and cashews with half the soaking water in a food processor till a paste texture starts to form.
3. Add weetbix, spices and vanilla extract and continue processing till well combined.
4. Remove from food processor and stir through grated carrot and dried fruit until evenly combined.
5. Measure a heaped teaspoon of mixture and roll into a ball, before rolling in the coating.
6. Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 15 mins until the outside is slightly crunchy.