THE JLF TREK QLD 24 & 25 AUGUST 2019
- Duration: 2 days
- Distance: 84km
- Your workplace signs up a minimum of 4 employees for the 84km distance with a registration fee of $245 each (entry fee includes all bus transfers). Registrations close: 19 July 2019 unless sold out prior.
- Your workplace receives a complimentary Workplace Prevention Program (WPP) session valued at $1,500.
- Your workplace can add as many additional participants to still be eligible for the offer.
- Each additional participant for the 84km distance will cost $245.
- A team of 4 must fundraise a minimum of $2,000. For each additional participant the team fundraising total will be an additional $500. So, for a team of six participants, the team fundraising total will be $3,000 (see small print below).
- Bowel cancer is the second most common cause of cancer-related death in Australia, but it doesn’t have to be. Did you know that if detected early enough, more than 90% of bowel cancer cases can be successfully treated? The problem is, many people don’t know how to reduce their risk and improve their chances of early detection.
- Our Workplace Prevention Program gives you, the employer, the opportunity to educate your staff about preventing bowel cancer and the steps everyone can take to reduce their risk. Our program fits well within existing health and wellbeing programs or can be run as a stand-alone initiative.
- Click here for more information on WPP
Dates – These sessions will be delivered in the weeks commencing 21 October 2019 and 11 November 2019 and allocated on a first come, first served basis. Alternative times may be able to be negotiated on request.
The JLF Trek QLD is a fundraising event. Teams must reach the minimum fundraising target of $2,000 for a team of four (plus $500 for each additional team participant). We are confident that you can do it!
Registration is $245 plus a minimum of $500 fundraising through your fundraising page which you will set up at the time of registering.
Teams who do not meet the minimum fundraising amount will have the outstanding fundraising amount deducted from the credit/debit card used to register. The deduction will be made from the team member(s) with the lowest fundraising amount. The deduction will occur one week after the trek has finished (1 September 2019).
- Registration fees include: Trek bib, Jodi Lee Foundation t-shirt, Jodi Lee Foundation cap, downloadable training and trekking guide, access to weekly trek training, water refills, post-trek BBQ and fundraising resources.
- Trekkers are required to carry 1 litre of water, prescribed medications if required, their own painkillers and sufficient food/snacks for the full distance of the trek.
- Minimum fundraising is a requirement of registration.
- Each team must carry a mobile phone.
- Each trekker must wear a head torch.
- Team members must be 18 years or older, or 16 years or older and accompanied by an adult guardian.